My dear fellow members of The Cottage Cooking Club:
Now we are at the beginning of March and therefore into our twenty-third month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”.
PLEASE feel free to substitute or add local vegetables to the recipes as it is always best to cook with what you can find at your local farmers´markets and greengrocers.
From the chapter "Comfort Food & Feasts“:
1. North African squash and chickpea stew (page 30) - Sorry, one more squash dish but feel free to substitute sweet potatoes or another vegetable here
2. Potato dauphinoise OR Half-and-half dauphinoise OR Celeriac and potato dauphinoise OR Potato and turnip dauphinoise (page 60)
3. Courgette penne spoufflé (page 43)
4. Three-root boulangère (page 64)
From the chapter of "Bready Things“:
5. Nachos with refried beans (page 190)
6. The vegiflette toastie (page 206)
7. Roasted new potatoes with harissa (page 225)
From the chapter of "Store-Cupboard Suppers“
8. Dressed Puy lentils (page 237) - great use for all that fresh Italian parsley
9. Dhal (page 238)
From the chapter of "Pasta & Rice":
10. Vegetable biryani (page 274)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by March 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your personal blog post on the LYL post by March 28th and/or our facebook page!
Please note that after your February posts, we will have about thirty (20) recipes left, leaving 2 more posts after this one.
Our motto for the month of March is: Hang in there, we have almost made it! Seriously, I do hope that you still enjoy cooking from Hugh´s book AND that you will continue cooking with this lovely group as we tackle two more book of his starting in the lovely month of May!
Thank you! Merci beaucoup! Vielen Dank!