My dear fellow members of The Cottage Cooking Club:
Now we are at the beginning of January and therefore into our twenty-first month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”. This month we will be preparing recipes with winter produce.
PLEASE feel free to substitute or add local vegetables to the recipes as it is always best to cook with what you can find at your local farmers´markets and greengrocers.
From the chapter of Comfort Food & Feasts:
1. Winter kale and potato curry (page 24)
2. Squash stuffed with leeks (page 40)
From the chapter of Hefty Soups:
3. Curried red lentil soup (page 166)
From the chapter of Bready Things:
4. Squash and walnut toastie (page 204)
From the chapter of Store-Cupboard Suppers:
5. Moroccan spiced couscous (page 231)
6. Chickpeas with cumin and spinach (page 246)
From the chapter of Mezze & Tapas:
7. Flat onion bhajis (page 318)
From the chapter of Roast, Grill & Barbecue:
8. Seared chicory with blue cheese (page 343)
From the chapter of Side Dishes:
9. Swede with onion and sage (page 382)
From the chapter of Sweet Asides:
10. Tourte de blette (page 398)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by January 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your personal blog post on the LYL post by January 28th and/or our facebook page!
Please note that after your January posts, we will have about thirty (30) recipes left, leaving 3 more posts after this one, unless we do another make-up post.
Our motto for the month of January is: start the new year off with incorporating even more veggies into your cooking!
Thank you! Merci beaucoup! Vielen Dank!