Hope you enjoyed our "September make-up month". Now that we are at the beginning of October and therefore into our eigthteenth month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”. This month we will be preparing recipes with seasonal, fall produce.
PLEASE feel free to substitute or add fresh, local vegetables to the recipes as I would love for you to get cooking with what you can best get find at your local farmers´markets and roadside farm stands.
Now onto the ten recipes for this month, our MOTTO being "OKTOBERFEST" (feel free to interprete this "motto" liberally):
1. From the chapter of Comfort Food & Feasts:
Cauliflower and chickpea curry (page 27)
2. From the chapter of Hearty Salads:
Roasted parsnip, puy lentil and watercress salad (page 90) -
NOTE: Feel free to sub the watercress with rocket or other seasonal greens
3. From the chapter of Raw Assemblies:
Beetroot with walnuts and cumin (page 113)
4. From the chapter of Hefty Soups:
Porotos granados (page 146)
5. From the chapter of Bready Things:
Poached egg on toast (page 210)
6. From the chapter of Store-Cupboard Suppers:
Basil and mozzarella tart (page 216)
7. From the chapter of Pasta & Rice:
Orecchiette with chickpeas and cavolo nero (page 261)
NOTE: feel free to sub the cavolo nero with kale or other seasonlal greens
8. From the chapetr of Mezze & Tapas:
Oven-dried tomatoes (page 304)
9. From the chapter of Roast, Grill & Barbecue:
Grilled aubergines with chili and honey (page 340)
10. From the chapter of Side Dishes:
Garlic and caraway (fall) greens (page 372)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by October 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your blog post on the LYL post by October 28th.