I hope you enjoyed our wonderful June recipes! Now that we are at the beginning of July and therefore into our fifteenth month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg” we will be preparing recipes with summer produce.
PLEASE feel feel to substitute or add fresh, local vegetables to the recipes as I would love for you to get cooking with what you can best get find at your local markets this month.
Now onto the ten recipes for this month, our motto being "ENJOY SUMMER´S BOUNTY" and let´s see those colorful summer dishes for the month of July:
1. From the chapter „Comfort Food & Feasts“:
Peperonata – NOTE: this can be served warm or at room temp, you can add it to pasta or enjoy with bread maybe as part of an antipasto spread (page 20)
2. From the chapter „Hearty Salads“:
Summer Couscous Salad (page 89)
3. From the chapter „Raw Assemblies“:
Marinated Cucumber with Mint (page 122)
4. From the chapter „Hefty Soups“:
Mexican tomato and bean soup (page 138)
5. From the chapter „Bready Things“:
Celery and blue cheese bruschetta (page 199)
6. From the chapter"Store-Cupboard Suppers“:
Green beans, new potatoes and olives (page 222)
7. From the chapter "Pasta & Rice“
Summer stir-fry with egg-fried rice (page 286)
8. From the chapter „Mezze & Tapas“:
Simple globe artichokes (page 310)
9. From the chapter „Roast, Grill & Barbecue“:
Charred baby leeks with romesco (page 336)
10. From the chapter „Side Dishes“:
Runner beans with tomatoes and garlic (page 375)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by July 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your blog post on the LYL post by July 28th.
And remember to "ENJOY SUMMER´S BOUNTY"!