Hope you enjoyed our ninth month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”! We are now at the beginning of February and by the end of this month, we will have prepared one hundred of about two hundred recipes from the book.
Now onto the tenth month and the ten recipes for the month of February:
1. From the chapter "Bready Things":
Magic Bread dough (page 172-74) - N.B.: Choose whichever format you want, breadsticks or flatbread or pita bread to go with the Baba ganoush (page 303) and/or the Refried beans foldover (page 190).
2. From the chapter "Hearty Salads":
Celeriac with apple, raisins and parsley (page 107)
3. From the chapter "Raw Assemblies":
Avocado and ruby grapefruit with chilli (page 122)
4. From the chapter "Hefty Soups"
Roasted beetroot soup with horseradish cream (page 144)
5. From the chapter "Bready Things"
Refried beans foldover (page 190)
6. From the chapter "Store-Cupboard Suppers"
Cheesey peasy puff turnover (page 220) - N.B:: A great recipe with frozen peas
7. From the chapter "Pasta & Rice":
Winter stir-fry with Chinese five-spice (page 288)
8. From the chapter "Mezze & Tapas":
Baba ganoush (page 303)
9. From the chapter "Roast, Grill & Barbecue":
Roasted squash and shallots with merguez chickpeas (page 365)
10. From the chapter "Side Dishes":
Potato Rösti (page 391)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by February 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your blog post on the LYL post by February 28th.
PLEASE NOTE: Next month will be our make-up month as will will have cooked our way half-way through this lovely cookbook! That will give everybody a chance to cook as many OR as little of the recipes that they have missed so far! Looking forward to that!