My dear fellow members of The Cottage Cooking Club:
Now we are at the beginning of April and therefore into our twenty-fourth and last month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”.
PLEASE feel free to substitute or add local vegetables to the recipes as it is always best to cook with what you can find at your local farmers´markets and greengrocers.
But there is no reason to pull out those handkerchiefs (Taschentücher) quite yet. Because although we have reached the last ten recipes of "River Cottage Everyday Veg" and have cooked two full years together as a group, we shall continue cooking together in The Cottage Cooking Club with two more books. Starting in May, we will start to cook from "River Cottage Every Day" as well as "River Cottage Love Your Leftovers: Recipes for the Resourceful Cook" (this one is optional).
From the chapter „Bready Things“
1. Various rarebits (page 209) - Tomato OR Celery OR PSB rarebit – or make them all…
From the Chapter „Store-Cupboard Suppers“
2. Raid-the-larder bean and spelt broth (page 243)
3. Chickpea ketchup curry OR Ketchup chilli (page 245)
From the chapter „Pasta & Rice“
4. Linguine with mint and almond pesto (page 266)
5. Quinoa with leeks (page 279) – replace the squash in this recipe with another veggie such as carrots or leave out completely
6. New potato gnocchi (page 284)
From the chapter „Mezze & Tapas“
7. Spiced spinach and potatoes (page 321)
8. Spinach and thyme pasties (page 326)
From the chapter „Roast, Grill & Barbecue“
9. Roasted spiced aubergines with chickpeas (page 351)
10. Oven-roasted ratatouille OR Dry-roasted ratatouille (page 362)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by April7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your personal blog post on the LYL post by April 28th and/or our facebook page!
Please note that after your April posts, we will have completed 220 recipes in all but two years!
Our motto for the month of April is: "Last but not least!"
I do hope that you still enjoy cooking from Hugh´s book AND that you will continue cooking with this lovely group as we tackle two more book of his starting in the lovely month of May!
Thank you! Merci beaucoup! Vielen Dank!