My dear fellow members of The Cottage Cooking Club:
Now we are at the beginning of February and therefore into our twenty-second month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”.
PLEASE feel free to substitute or add local vegetables to the recipes as it is always best to cook with what you can find at your local farmers´markets and greengrocers.
From the chapter of Comfort Food & Feasts:
1. Squash and fennel lasagne (page 33)
2. Swede (rutabaga) potato pasties (page 52)
3. Mushroom ragout with soft polenta (page 57)
4. Sweet potato and peanut gratin (page 63)
From the chapter of Bready Things:
5. Apple and blue vinny toastie (page 204)
From the chapter of Store-Cupboard Suppers:
6. Rosemary and pecorino tart (page 216)
7. Potatoes and „deconstructed pesto“ (page 222)
8. Lentils with beetroot and feta (page 237)
9. White bean salad with tomatoes and red onions (page 240)
10. DIY „pot“ noodles (page 248) OR Curried Mushroom pot (page 248)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by February 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your personal blog post on the LYL post by February 28th and/or our facebook page!
Please note that after your February posts, we will have about thirty (20) recipes left, leaving 2 more posts after this one.
Our motto for the month of February is: Love your late winter veggies!
Thank you! Merci beaucoup! Vielen Dank!