Now we are at the beginning of November and therefore into our nineteenth month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”. This month we will be preparing recipes with seasonal, late fall/early winter produce.
PLEASE feel free to substitute or add local vegetables to the recipes as it is always best to cook with what you can find at your local farmers´markets and greengrocers.
1. From the chapter of Comfort Food & Feasts:
Chili, cheese and rosemary polenta with tomato sauce (page 58)
2. From the chapter of Raw Assemblies:
Celery, orange and pecans (page 116)
3. From the chapter of Hefty Soups:
Parsnip and ginger soup (page 157)
4. From the chapter of Bready Things:
Hot squash foldover (page 189)
5. From the chapter of Store-Cupboard Suppers:
Lentil and tomato salad (page 237)
6. From the chapter of Pasta & Rice:
Kale speltotto with goat´s cheese (page 280)
7. From the chapetr of Mezze & Tapas:
Beetroot and walnut hummus (page 300)
8. From the chapter of Roast, Grill & Barbecue:
Roast new potatoes with two mojo sauces (page 358)
9. From the chapter of Side Dishes:
Jerusalem artichoke frying pan gratin (page 382)
10. From the chapter of Sweet Asides:
Tea loaf of your choosing (either courgettes/zucchinis, carrots or beetroot) (page 394)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by November 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your blog post on the LYL post by November 30th (due to Thanksgiving in the US on Nov. 26, we are moving the posting date).
Please note that after the November post, we will have about forty (40) recipes left, leaving 4 more posts after this one, unless we do another make-up post.
Thank you! Merci beaucoup! Vielen Dank!