Hope you enjoyed our wonderful July recipes! Now that we are at the beginning of August and therefore into our sixteenth month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg” we will be preparing recipes with seasonal, late summer produce.
PLEASE feel free to substitute or add fresh, local vegetables to the recipes as I would love for you to get cooking with what you can best get find at your local farmers´markets and roadside farm stands this month.
Now onto the ten recipes for this month, our MOTTO being "showcase your personal favorite vegetable and/or herb and incorporate it into one of the recipes":
1. From the chapter of Comfort Food & Feasts:
Aubergine and green bean curry (page 29)
2. From the chapter of Hearty Salads:
Summer spelt salad (page 72)
3. From the chapter of Raw Assemblies:
Tomatoes with Thai dressing (page 121)
4. From the chapter of Hefty Soups:
Chickpea, chard and porcini soup (page 149)
5. From the chapter of Bready Things:
Leek and cheese toastie (page 202)
6. From the chapter of Store-Cupboard Suppers:
Summer garden lentils niçoise (page 237)
7. From the chapter of Pasta & Rice:
Tomato and mozzarella risotto (page 272)
8. From the chapetr of Mezze & Tapas:
Broad beans with herbed goat´s cheese (page 316)
9. From the chapter of Roast, Grill & Barbecue:
Stuffed peppers with new potatoes, feta and pesto (page 349)
10. From the chapter of Side Dishes:
Cheat´s cauliflower cheese (page 378)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by August 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your blog post on the LYL post by August 28th.
And remember to "showcase your personal favorite vegetable and/or herb and incorporate it into one of the recipes"!