Hope you enjoyed our fourth month of preparing recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s “River Cottage Everyday Veg”! As we are moving into September, the recipes reflect the beginning of the colder season. By the end of September we will have prepared a quarter of the book´s recipes already.
Now onto the fifth month and the ten recipes for the month of September:
1. From the chapter "Comfort Food & Feast":
Pinto bean chili (page 23)
NOTE: you can make a late summer version with courgettes and peppers OR opt for an autumn version with mushrooms and squash
2. From the chapter "Hearty Salads":
Fish-free salad nicoise (page 85)
3. From the chapter "Raw Assemblies":
Fennel and goat´s cheese (page 102)
4. From the chapter "Hefty Soups"
Puy lentil and spinach soup (page 162)
5. From the chapter "Bready Things"
Two veggie sarnies (page 195)
6. From the chapter "Store-Cupboard Suppers"
Oven-roasted roots frittata (page 234)
7. From the chapter "Pasta & Rice":
Mushroom risoniotto (page 258)
8. From the chapter "Mezze & Tapas":
Cauliflower pakors with tamarind raita (page 318)
9. From the chapter "Roast, Grill & Barbecue":
Roasted squash (page 346)
10. From the chapter "Side Dishes":
Runner beans with tarragon and lemon (page 375)
Please remember to leave a comment with your personal choice(s) by September 7th at the end of this post.
Please remember to leave a comment with the link to your blog post on the LYL post by September 28th.